Съёмочный процесс
О фильме
Наш опрос
Оцените мой сайт
Всего ответов: 49

Статистика
Rambler's Top100 free counters
Друзья сайта
Мы любим Киллиана Мерфи Фан сайт Марка Уолберга. Daniel Craig's Band Джош Хартнетт fans only! Toby Stephens Fansite //johnny-depp.ucoz.net/ Джонатан Рис-Маерс НАВСЕГДА

ANTON YELCHIN RU

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 3
  • «
  • »
Форум » Творчество Антона » Медийные новости и интервью с Антоном » Интервью в прессе с Антоном (Его рассказы))
Интервью в прессе с Антоном
Pooh1150Дата: Четверг, 14.05.2009, 18:14 | Сообщение # 16
Генерал-лейтенант
Награды: 0
Статус: Offline
Even though he just turned twenty, Anton Yelchin has already built over two dozen acting credits in less than a decade, including two big movies this month, Terminator Salvation and a certain Star Trek movie. In our exclusive interview we talk about how this Russian-born actor shaped the role (and accent) for the new Chekov and much more. We also have a new image of Yelchin as Chekov.
[interview contains SPOILERS]

TrekMovie interview with Anton Yelchin

TrekMovie.com: I hate to do this but I am going to start off with the accent.

Yelchin: Well the accent is what makes it.

TrekMovie: In my review it is one of the areas I had some difficulty with. I am one of those who would be OK with things being different. How much of a discussion with JJ was there on the level of genuine ‘Russian-ness’ to put into it?

Yelchin: I wanted it to be close to the Chekov accent, I guess that is where our opinions differ. I have no problem doing a real Russian accent, but that wouldn’t be Chekov to me. The interesting thing about it is that his accent is a cold-war stereotype of a Russian person. And when I watched the series and the films, that is what I found interesting about it. And I adjusted it, it is not entirely the same, but Walter [Koenig] came on set and was like "that sounds like me." And that is what was fun for me. As a person familiar with a Russian accent, and someone with Russian roots who can speak Russian and knows what Russian people sound like, it was fun to purposefully mess around with the Russian accent — to purposefully change what I thought a Russian accent was to suit that stereotype they had in the sixties.

TrekMovie: What does your family think of your version of Chekov’s Russian accent?

Yelchin: They think it’s great. We’re Russian, but not very Russian at the same time. There is no nationalism, there is no pride. It is a very difficult country to come from. I think they find it just as amusing as I did.

TrekMovie: I noticed that for the world tour you only did one stop, Moscow.

Yelchin: [laughs] Yeah, that was a no-brainer.

TrekMovie: What was the reaction from the Russian press to your portrayal?

Yelchin: They love it. There are certain things in the movie that are very Russian that is difficult for an American audience to pick up on. Like when [Kirk and Sulu] freefall and I capture them and I say something in Russian….[says Russian phrase]…it means "Oh man!" basically, which is something I ad-libbed. Which goes back to what I was saying. Chekov never speaks Russian in the series, and that was Russian slang. And that that is something I decided to add just for the hell of it, because JJ [Abrams] said ‘throw in some Russian, let’s do it for fun.’ It was just a moment that needed some kind of reaction, and they loved it out there. It is one of those things that Russian people get. I think Russian people are very happy with Chekov because he is one of the few Russian characters in American pop culture history that is not the Red Dawn kind of Russians.

Yelchin as Chekov at his station on the bridge - a positive view of a Russian (with a 60s stereotype accent)

TrekMovie: Right, there is nothing villainous about him. In fact there is something new about this Chekov that I liked, which is that he is this kind of genius. He is seventeen, but already out of the Academy, so he must of gone in when he was pretty young. And Chekov figures out how to save them from the freefall and how to get onto the Narada. So this Chekov knows his physics and science, did you do any research to help you understand that angle?

Yelchin: No, most of my research involved reading the Star Trek Encyclopedia and watching the series and doing Trek research.

TrekMovie: You did a lot of that, Chris [Pine] said that after watching the first half of the first season he stopped.

Yelchin: I kept going. I loved it. I even watched the episodes that Chekov wasn’t in. The ones that he was in I found interesting, like when they go to a bar in "The Troubles With Tribbles" and they have a drink, I liked that. And that one with Apollo and the hand ["Who Mourns for Adonais"], I thought that was hilarious. I really got into the show.

TrekMovie: Which one was your favorite?

Yelchin: Probably the one with Apollo. I think is such an intelligent episode. It is an episode where the basic point is that humanity — looking at it in terms of the 60s when men are their own gods and look at where they brought their universe to. It was such a fascinating, touching, weird thing to have an episode where men come to a planet where a god wants to be a god again. I also love the episode where Spock is PMSing and where Kirk has to fight Spock ["Amok Time"].

"Who Mourns for Adonais" - Yelchin’s favorite TOS episode

TrekMovie: Now in this film you never get off the ship…

Yelchin: I barely get off the bridge!

TrekMovie: So what would you like to see for Chekov’s arc going forward.

Yelchin: I don’t know, I haven’t given it much thought and I agree with Chris [Pine] that it is kind of presumptuous to sit around and think about sequels before this comes out. It would be great to play this character again and I just got started with it. I got to do what I got to do, but it would be fun to see where I could take it.

TrekMovie: You are in two big May movies. How would you describe the differences between working on Terminator Salvation and Star Trek, and the differences between McG and JJ.

Yelchin: Well first of all the visions between the two movies is so different. The universe of Star Trek is a very positive, optimistic universe. And in Terminator it is just the most f–ked up universe, to put it bluntly. So it was two totally different characters and two totally different looks. The closest this Trek movie comes to Terminator is Nero’s ship, but even that is not as disgusting as the filth-ridden universe of Terminator. The sets, costumes, and the philosophy behind it is totally different. The philosophy of Terminator is: what makes us human in the face of us losing all humanity and being destroyed — how can we preserve our humanity? With the characters, Chekov is like the Star Trek universe, joyous, fun. Kyle Reese is anxiety-ridden, paranoid, angry, unhappy, the list goes on — vulnerable, not to say Chekov isn’t vulnerable, but just in a different way. And that is just the difference between the films.

The sets were different, but I had a great time working on both. There is a great cast and crew here with Trek. JJ is a wonderful filmmaker to work with. I really think he makes these kinds of films so well. I am so happy with this movie. And it is a cast of similar kind of young men and women. It’s funny though, on Terminator for the first time, I wasn’t the youngest member of the cast. There was girl that was seven, and I was like "yes, finally!" McG and JJ are very different people. JJ is very funny and very intelligent and witty, but not does not nearly put as much of himself out there as a human being. When he walks into a room, you may not know it. But when McG walks into a room, you hear McG right away. That was really different, but they are both really collaborative. If you offer an idea to JJ, that idea will get on film, and the same with McG. They are both really enthusiastic of what they are doing. They both love the franchises they are working with and want to honor them and do the best possible job with them.

Yelchin as Kyle Reese in the very different future of "Terminator Salvation"

TrekMovie: You mentioned bringing ideas. Can you talk about some examples of things that you brought that ended up on film.

Yelchin: Well that one Russian line and idea. And [in the scene running towards the transporter room] the freedom to run how I wanted to or to yell what I want to yell as I am pushing people out of the way. A lot of their jump sequence was ad-libbed. JJ was like ‘just throw stuff out’. He just fully embraces your understanding of the character and works with you to achieve his vision, but factors in your vision as well.

TrekMovie: You spent a lot of time at your console on the bridge and the console in the transporter room. Did any one of the set designers ever tell you ‘this button does this, and that button does that’? So when Pike issues an order, you know what button to push?

Yelchin: Me and John Cho kind of sat down the first day and talked to JJ said that because this is going to become the way for us to do things, we need to figure out what is what. We really kind of stuck to doing the same things over and over again. We also got these neat little space pens, like when I come up with the solution. No one sat us down so it was up to us and John and I really coordinated what we were doing to make sure it looks legitimate.
http://trekmovie.com/2009....yelchin

Pooh1150Дата: Воскресенье, 17.05.2009, 16:23 | Сообщение # 17
Генерал-лейтенант
How Terminator's Anton Yelchin learned to play Kyle Reese
How \<i\>Terminator\<\/i\>\'s Anton Yelchin learned to play Kyle Reese

Anton Yelchin, who plays young Kyle Reese in Terminator Salvation, told SCI FI Wire that he studied the performance of Michael Biehn, who first played the character in the original Terminator movie, to get every detail right. Salvation is set in our future, but more than a decade before Reese travels back in time to protect Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton) in James Cameron's 1984 movie.

"Having studied it, it's very elegantly done," Yelchin said in an exclusive interview last Friday in Beverly Hills, Calif. "Unless you sit there and study it, you're not told, like, 'Oh, my God, look at how much is going on.' The scenes where he's talking a lot, where maybe it's him telling her history, really, I watched a lot of that. I watched a lot of that for history, but I watched most of it for how he says it, his particular reactions."

On the day Yelchin's other big summer movie, Star Trek, opened (he plays Chekov), the young actor had already moved into Terminator mode. He went on to explain how he channeled Biehn to show how Reese would grow up to save John Connor's mom and conceive Connor himself. The following Q&A features edited excerpts of our exclusive interview with Yelchin. Terminator Salvation opens May 21. (Possible spoilers ahead!)

How monumental was it for you to say, "Come with me if you want to live?"

Yelchin: It certainly took a lot of studying that moment, that moment in T1. I watched it throughout the day on set. I watched it beforehand a lot. There's a fascinating way that he does it, which is kind of, if there was a continuation, it would be, "Come with me if you want to live, or you're f--ked." There's a certain edge of "You can do this right now, and you should do this right now," which was kind of cool, I thought.

I might be overanalyzing it, because I watched it so much. You need to really watch it a lot to get the little [nuances], and I'm sure it wasn't deliberate. It was just the take that they used, but that's part of the hero of Kyle Reese. There's an objective that he needs to achieve, and there's an intensity to it, but there's also a masculinity and a strength to it. So having watched all that and kind of getting to set and trying to kind of use those things and incorporate them into the performance, it's a lot of work for one line, but it's a hell of a line.

That's better than "I'll be back," isn't it?

Yelchin: I mean, "I'll be back" is classic, but for me, naturally it's Kyle Reese. "Come with me if you want to live" also sounds like there's no choice. It's like "If you don't come with me, you will die." That's what he's saying. "I'll be back" is "I'll be back," but "Come with me if you want to live," there's a certain intensity there. ...

Is cocking a shotgun one-handed more practical, or is it just badass?

Yelchin: It's badass. Actually it's not practical at all, because what happens is the gun jams a lot of the time. It's not supposed to be shot like that. You're supposed to shoot it like this [horizontally]. If you do it like this [vertically], there's a good chance the cartridge jams, and it did jam a couple times. On the shooting, it jammed a bunch in rehearsals. Not supposed to do it. Have you ever seen a cop [cock one-handed]? But it looks sick. Come on.

Is Biehn's performance really underrated?

Yelchin: I mean, not to me it isn't. I mean, I don't know. So far I haven't heard anything where people don't appreciate it. I mean, in the grand scope of all performances that people talk about, is it underrated? Maybe.

It's a very particular performance. It's very particular to Terminator, but it works so wonderfully in that film, and having studied it so much, it's so layered. It's so layered, and I don't know if that's to Michael Biehn's credit or to James Cameron's credit. Probably both.

He's such a complex character, and there was so much for me to use, because you see him paranoid, you see him angry, and then you see him the hero from start to finish. Then you see him insanely vulnerable, and you see that he has this fixation on Sarah Connor from a photograph, meaning his whole internal sort of being has idealized this woman and created this woman in his mind that he's fallen in love with, and that speaks to an incredible range of loneliness and even sexual frustration. So there's so much to this character there. When she bites his hand, and he says, "Terminators can't feel pain. I do." That, to me, there's a huge amount of stuff there, too. It's such a dense performance, and I guess in that way it is underrated, because it's dense and yet very eloquent in the way that it's handled.

Have you gotten to meet him?

Yelchin: I actually haven't. I wonder if he'd just straight up kick my ass when he saw me. At this point, I could probably handle him. I don't know. No, I didn't get a chance to meet him, and I didn't get a chance to speak to him, but I was such a huge fan of this film, just huge.

When I went into Star Trek, for example, I didn't know very much about it, so it required a lot of research just to get to know on a basic level, before I got to studying the characters, just to get to know the universe. This universe I felt I knew so well. I felt like I had known this character for years, which I had. I probably saw T1 on VHS or something when I was, like, 5 or 6, probably. ...

With regard to Star Trek, do you have any inkling as to what the next mission will be?

Yelchin: No idea. I mean, no idea.

I know it's too soon to decide, but creatively, we imagine the possibilities.

Yelchin: Of course. Storywise, who knows? That's in the writers' minds. I've been asked, "Do I have any desires? Chekov to get with the green girl?" I don't know. I really don't. I would rather embrace whatever is there, work with that. It's more exciting to me.

With the new timeline, could they go on the same missions as the original series?

Yelchin: Right, I honestly have no idea.
http://scifiwire.com/2009/05/how-terminators-anton-yel.php

Pooh1150Дата: Вторник, 19.05.2009, 22:18 | Сообщение # 18
Генерал-лейтенант
Про Терминатора
Anton Yelchin: "There are other things I want to know more than the future, I guess. Like what I'm having for dinner tonight. In terms of the future, if you think about the future all the time -- it sounds cheesy, like some cliche you read in one of those books you get for like $5.99 or whatever -- but if you keep focusing on the future, you're going to miss what's going on around you right now. And everything we do is working towards the future. That's not to say you should do things right now that you know will be detrimental to you in the future. But yeah, that's how I feel about it."
http://www.nj.com/celebri....on.html

Pooh1150Дата: Вторник, 19.05.2009, 23:50 | Сообщение # 19
Генерал-лейтенант
Anton Yelchin has spent the last two years working on big Hollywood movies, remakes and reimaginings of movie and TV classics. Audiences are seeing it all this month, but for Yelchin, Star Trek and Terminator Salvation.

Yelchin Talks Terminator Salvation

“It's kind of crazy to go from movies that, I don't know, cost $3 million or $4 million to movies that cost a hundred of those or fifty of those,” Yelchin said. “It’s incredible. I've been really lucky to be able to play two very compelling characters in two totally different films even though they're both sci-fi and to be able to find things that I admire and find challenging about these characters. The process of reinterpreting a character is also really fascinating and it's something that I haven't ever done before. That's how I felt with Star Trek and then suddenly all of a sudden I'm reinterpreting a different character. It was very surreal, but at the same time I'm very, very lucky to be able to play these characters. Aside from the fact that these are huge movies, the thing that I love about this craft is that it's challenging and fascinating and challenging in every way. These were challenges that I loved taking on.”

With Kyle Reese in Terminator, Yelchin was a devoted student. “I thought that it was really important that I studied them. I'd seen T1 a bunch of times. I re-watched it a bunch before we started shooting and then I'd just kind of come home and before specific scenes look at scenes that in my mind I had written down and sat down and said, 'Use this for this. Use that for this.' You can't imitate, but I feel like the source is there. Michael Biehn is such an icon.”
http://www.canmag.com/nw/14038-terminator-salvation-anton-yelchin

Pooh1150Дата: Вторник, 26.05.2009, 19:51 | Сообщение # 20
Генерал-лейтенант
Уроженец Питера в 20 лет стал звездой Голливуда [ВИДЕО]

Перед премьерой фантастического блокбастера «Звездный путь» кинообозреватель «КП» побеседовал с сыгравшим в нем Антоном Ельчиным.

Стас ТЫРКИН. Фото Милы СТРИЖ.

20-летний уроженец Питера на глазах становится одним из самых востребованных молодых актеров Голливуда: один за другим на экран выходят два блокбастера с его участием - «Звездный путь» и «Терминатор: Да придет спаситель». По-русски Антон говорит с акцентом, но очень литературно: видно, что паренек из очень хорошей семьи, и русская культура для него - не пустой звук.

«С МОЕЙ «КРЫШЕЙ» НИЧЕГО НЕ СЛУЧИТСЯ!»

- Мне тут рассказали историю об одном молодом русском актере, который, не закончив сниматься в своем первом фильме, требовал от журналистов присылать ему вопросы заранее. А у тебя - «Звездный путь», «Терминатор», а «крыша» почему-то на месте...

- Меня так воспитали родители, что с моей «крышей» ничего не случится! Я люблю то, что делаю, а кто-то, возможно, просто любит себя. Я не встречал великих актеров, которые были бы влюблены в себя. И чтобы однажды и я стал таким, моя «крыша» должна оставаться на месте. Вообще мне кажется, что люди разбрасываются высоким званием «актер». Считаю, что только высоких профессионалов, настоящих художников можно назвать актерами. Это звание еще заработать нужно! Вот я еще только учусь быть актером.

- Тебя увезли в Америку в полугодовалом возрасте. Родители, знаменитые в прошлом фигуристы, мечтали, чтобы ты пошел по их стопам?

- Да, но у них ничего не вышло: я плохо катался. И совсем не интересовался фигурным катанием! Когда они поняли, что спортсмена из меня не выйдет, предлагали мне стать врачом или адвокатом. Представители этих профессий уже были в семье.

- Правду пишут, что ты решил стать актером в 4 года?

- Нет. В детстве я был очень застенчив. И друг нашей семьи, актер Игорь Баскин (он снимался в «Москве на Гудзоне»), предложил мне заняться актерским мастерством. Я пошел, и мне дико понравилось! Было мне тогда лет 8. На этом все могло и закончиться, если бы преподаватель не предложил отправиться на прослушивания. Так я снялся в рекламе. И пошло-поехало!

Несмотря на звездные роли, в жизни Антон Ельчин демонстрирует похвальную скромность.

Несмотря на звездные роли, в жизни Антон Ельчин демонстрирует похвальную скромность.

«ХОЧУ БЫТЬ ПОХОЖИМ НА ДЕ НИРО»

- Какой раз ты в России?

- Второй! Хотя нет, третий - я ведь здесь родился!

- А по какому поводу приезжал во второй раз?

- Снимался в фильме «Ты и я».

- Это творение с группой t.А.Т.u., которое до сих пор никто не видел?

- Да, я согласился, потому что хотел сниматься в России. Предложенный мне персонаж был неплох, и режиссер Роланд Джоффе когда-то делал хорошее кино…

- Да, лет 20 назад. И каково было сниматься с t.А.Т.u.?

- А у нас не было общих сцен. Для меня это был эксперимент, я ведь до этих съемок никогда в России не был! А лучше всего узнаешь страну именно во время работы.

- Кто из твоих партнеров впечатлил тебя больше других?

- Когда я был маленьким, меня дико впечатлил Энтони Хопкинс. Это выдающийся мастер! Мне очень повезло, что я видел, как он творит. И вообще я работал с лучшими американскими актерами - Робертом Дауни-младшим, Дональдом Сазерлендом, Робином Уильямсом. Учился у них, конечно. А ролевой моделью для меня служит великий Роберт Де Ниро. Я хотел бы быть на него похожим.

- В «Альфа-доге» ты играл любимого сына Шэрон Стоун.

- Она сложная, интересная женщина. Общих сцен у нас было мало, ведь моего героя похищают, но на съемках она меня опекала. Мне ведь было тогда всего 15 лет.

- В «Терминаторе» роль большая?

- Да, больше, чем в «Звездном пути», где я играю персонажа по фамилии Чехов. Я как бы переосмысляю работу актера, который играл героя в сериале, снятом во время «холодной войны». В «Терминаторе» я тоже примерил на себя роль, уже сыгранную другим актером - Майклом Бином. Он играл отца борца против роботов Джона Коннора, а я - его в молодости. Это хорошая роль, сложный характер, что для блокбастеров большая редкость. Обычно там нечего играть. Но с этими двумя ролями мне повезло. Я еще не снимался в фильмах с таким количеством спецэффектов!

- А что больше по душе?

- Независимые фильмы мне, конечно, интереснее. В них больше места для развития характеров персонажей. В блокбастерах этому часто нет места. Поэтому я буду искать возможность сниматься в таких «маленьких фильмах», как «Альфа-дог». Но и в «больших» играть тоже чистое удовольствие: эффекты, костюмы…

«ЧИТАЮ РУССКУЮ КЛАССИКУ БЕЗ ПЕРЕВОДА»

- Как ты сохраняешь русскую культуру, практически не бывая в России?

- Русский - мой родной язык. С родителями я говорю дома по-русски: они всегда хотели, чтобы я знал второй язык. Жаль, что других языков я не знаю. Только испанский чуть-чуть. Но я очень счастлив, что родители заставили меня выучить русский, ведь я могу читать без перевода великую русскую классику! Я не знаю, как переводили у вас Хемингуэя, но не думаю, что это так же хорошо, как оригинал. Читаю по-русски я медленно, но вот недавно Леонида Андреева прочел! Не представляю себе, кто из переводчиков мог бы передать мощь его символизма.

- Русские актеры если и попадают в Голливуд, то приговорены к маленьким ролям «плохих русских», потому что у них ужасный акцент.

- Но я ведь американец! Живу в Америке всю свою жизнь, хотя и родился в России. Акцента у меня нет, поэтому могу играть любые роли.

- Ты знаком с кем-то из русских актеров?

- Только с друзьями родителей. С Андреем Руденским, например (исполнитель главной роли в сериале «Жизнь Клима Самгина». - С. Т.). Он меня на руках держал. Я вообще больше знаком со старым русским кино - фильмами Тарковского, Михалкова… Мне очень нравятся актерские работы Николая Бурляева, когда он был в моем возрасте.

- Хотел бы сняться в российском фильме? Только честно.

- Просто потому, что он российский? Нет, не уверен. А вот если пригласит какой-нибудь хороший уважаемый режиссер, такой, как Михалков или Сокуров, то с большим удовольствием. Так же, как я мечтал бы сниматься у лучших европейских мастеров - таких, как Ларс фон Триер или Михаэль Ханеке. Но они редко работают с американцами.
http://kp.ua/daily/250509/180930/

Pooh1150Дата: Понедельник, 01.06.2009, 00:35 | Сообщение # 21
Генерал-лейтенант
Интервью с Антоном Ельчиным
автор Денис Данилов | источник Filmz.ru | 28.05.2009

Этот год запомнится Антону Ельчину на всю жизнь. С перерывом в каких-то несколько недель на экраны вернулись сразу две культовые франшизы, в перезагрузке которых он принял участие. Про «Звездный путь» мы разговаривали с Антоном полтора месяца назад в Москве, а теперь настало время «Терминатора».

Пресс-джанкет проходит в Париже. Отель расположился на примыкающей к Елисейским полям улочке, сплошь увешанной коричнево-желтыми афишами Terminator Renaissance. Здесь царит домашняя атмосфера, а об официальности мероприятия напоминает только батарея диктофонов, нацеленная на кресло, где будут сидеть голливудские гости. Дверь открывается, и в комнату заглядывает Антон. На его лице — знакомое смущенное выражение, а голову украшает забавная шляпа. Ельчин узнает меня, пожимает руку и по очереди здоровается с каждым журналистом из нашей группы.

— Сразу говорю — шляпу эту купил где-то в Палм-Спрингс.

У нас двадцать минут и масса вопросов. Интервью начинает бойкий англичанин, мы быстро подключаемся к разговору.

— Получается, в этом году ты сплошных легенд играешь.
— Да.
— А где было интереснее — на «Стар Треке» или в «Терминаторе»?
— Вообще сложно сказать. Мои персонажи в этих фильмах очень разные. К тому же разные условия съемок, декорации. Каждый из этих фильмов по-своему чем-то интересен. В «Терминаторе» было повеселее, потому что удалось побегать, пострелять. К тому же, в этом фильме я в какой-то степени играл еще ребенка. Но в профессиональном плане (а для меня это самое главное) оба фильма, в принципе, на одном уровне.
— В России ты мне рассказывал, что играл Павла Чехова, отталкиваясь от персонажа из оригинального сериала. А как ты работал над образом Кайла Риза?
— Да примерно также. Я очень много раз просмотрел первого «Терминатора». Определил для себя самые основные качества Кайла — те качества, которыми его наделил Майкл Бин. Потом со своими заметками я подошел к МакДжи и сказал: «Вот, что я про него думаю. Надо все это вписать в сценарий». Я ведь сам фанат «Терминатора», поэтому именно таким хотел бы его видеть. Так что подход к персонажам у меня был почти одинаковый в обоих фильмах. Вот только в «Стар Треке» была куча серий, а «Терминатор» с Кайлом Ризом всего один. Пришлось по максимуму выжимать полезную информацию из каждой сцены.
— А Майклом Бином советовался?
— Нет. Нам так и не удалось встретиться. Но ему бы вряд ли захотелось так долго говорить о персонаже, как мне. Я же без остановки фильм смотрел снова и снова. Причем, я никого из оригинального фильма не видел на премьере — очень жаль.

— Интересно вообще было работать с МакДжи? Как он отреагировал на твое видение персонажа?
— Надо отдать должное МакДжи — он до безобразия отзывчивый. Если предлагаешь ему хорошую идею, то он всяко ее задействует. И не важно, кто предлагает: актер, техник, механик, старший сценарист — он всех выслушает. А я ведь не просто с предложением подошел — я ему еще всю голосовую почту забил длинными нудными сообщениями пока не подъехал в Альбукерке. Он мне СМСками отвечал, что все супер, и он согласен. Поэтому с ним очень классно работать. На протяжении всех съемок появлялись какие-то новые идеи. МакДжи предоставляет значительную свободу для импровизаций — а это очень приятно.
— Вот теперь у тебя есть опыт работы в боевике. Насколько сильно получилось показать характер персонажа в таком фильме?
— Мне кажется, в самых зрелищных боевиках на первое место ставится герой. Потому боевики и смотрят. А что касается Кайла Риза — наверное, поэтому «Терминатор» до сих пор всем интересен: ведь уже первый фильм по большей части посвящен людям и только на втором месте идут комбинированные съемки. Соответственно, персонаж был для меня очень важен. И я решил, что в независимости от сценария надо максимально точно передать всего его черты, раз уж в нашем фильме есть Кайл Риз. В первом фильме у него столько разных качеств: озлобленность, ранимость, паранойя, невероятное одиночество и идеализм. Причем все эти черты подаются ненавязчиво — без философских и психологических рассуждений. Чтобы понять, надо просто сесть и скрупулезно посмотреть весь фильм. Есть, например, сцена, когда Сара Коннор его кусает, а он говорит: «Машины не чувствуют боли, а мне больно». И эту самую ранимость как раз Саре и удается использовать. Он ведь был настолько одинок, что в итоге влюбился в фотографию. А потом все его фантазии сбылись, он смог очутится в той альтернативной реальности, которую выдумал для себя. Так что, тот персонаж был очень сложным. Я попытался по возможности все это воплотить, изменив необходимые черты с учетом времени. Было трудно и интересно — очень полезно для меня. И это прекрасно, ведь, как вы сказали, нечасто получается сыграть в таких фильмах. Мне в этом плане и со «Стар Треком» повезло, потому что там тоже надо было изучать персонаж. Хотя там все было совсем иначе — другая манера поведения, больше радости и задора. Но принцип тот же.

— Ты ведь, по сути, играешь отца персонажа Кристиана Бэйла. Удалось как-то его «повоспитывать»?
— А то! Чуть что — сразу ремень достаю, и по заднице!
— Наверное, немногим удавалось так поступить с Кристианом и выжить…
— Да я буквально только что его выпорол. Он сок допивать не хотел.
— Но какие вообще были ощущения от него? Он же выдающийся актер.
— Думаю, в процессе работы с ним начинаешь понимать, что он олицетворяет все твои идеалы в профессиональном плане. Он просто помешан на своей работе и стремится во всем достичь совершенства. Он досконально выясняет все про своего героя, про обстановку. И когда видишь такое усердие, то осознаешь, что и сам работаешь не зря, и что фильм получится отличный. Причем начинаешь сам стремиться к чему-то большему. Кристиан просто вдохновлял всю съемочную группу. Я очень рад, что мне довелось с ним поработать, потому что даже наблюдать за тем, как он играет — это дорогого стоит.
— А ведь вместе с ним ты почти не играл. У вас же только одна сцена в конце фильма совместная. Вы пытались как-то отстраниться друг от друга?
— Да, у нас и правда было очень мало совместных сцен в фильме. Мне кажется, что не так важно, сколько времени мы с ним проработали вместе. Достаточно было даже одной сцены, чтобы мы окончательно поняли друг друга.
— Достаточно даже одной минуты?
— Ну да. Это все равно как с Лоуренсом Оливье или Дастином Хоффманом играть. Хотя я, конечно, согласен, что бывают сложные персонажи, в которых надо полностью вживаться. Но мы не поэтому с ним так мало виделись.

— Ты весь год плотно работал. Времени хватает самому фильмы смотреть? Может, порекомендуешь что?
— Из новых?
— Из новых или то, что больше нравятся.
— Да мне много чего нравится.
— «Терминатор», «Стар Трек», «Матрица»?
— Надо подумать. Вот недавно посмотрел «Мужские разборки» (1955г.) Жюля Дассена — отличный фильм. Причем, действие там происходит в Париже около той колонны…
— На площади Согласия?
— Нет, не там. Если пойти налево от Лувра, там будет местечко с кучей стильных магазинов. И там стоит колонна…
— А, Вандомская площадь.
— Да, как раз там и снимали. Фильм про ограбление. Отличное кино. Немного назидательное, конечно, но ничего удивительного — его же в пятидесятые снимали. Да и вообще у Жюля Дассена отличные фильмы. Люблю их смотреть. Что же я еще недавно глядел — «Третий человек» (1949г.) Тоже замечательное кино.
— Тебя уже часто об этом спрашивали, но есть ли какое-то техническое приспособление, без которого ты не можешь жить? То есть, машина, которая тебя целиком и полностью захватила.
— Даже не знаю. Мне вот все говорят, что надо смартфон купить, а я как-то не хочу. Есть, конечно, телефон. Но я не считаю, что не могу без него обойтись. Так что — нет. Мой ответ — нет. Мне, конечно, нравится мой компьютер, но не настолько. Разве что — DVD-плеер. Без него я не смогу смотреть кино.

— Первую и вторую части «Терминатора» считают классическими и даже священными фильмами. Как думаешь, этот сиквел их превзойдет?
— Скорее всего, нет. Я так не думаю. Сиквел может выдержать дух оригинала, но успешнее ему не стать. Просто даже если судить по времени появления тех фильмов и тому, насколько они всех потрясли — у нас так не получится. Тогда они были чем-то выдающимся. А сейчас мы пытаемся отдать дань уважения тем фильмам и повторить их мотив.
— Сколько раз ты посмотрел первый и второй фильм перед съемками этого?
— Даже не знаю, сколько я смотрел первый фильм. Сотни раз. Очень много. Второй поменьше, конечно. Меня в нем в основном игру Эда Ферлонга интересовала. Чтобы перенять какие-то манеры и качества — он ведь играл сына Кайла Риза. Но в основном я опирался на первого «Терминатора».

— МакДжи сказал, что вырезал примерно 30 минут из окончательной версии фильма. Много твоих сцен в этом получасе?
— Не очень. Я рад, что он вырезал кое-какие кадры на транспортнике. Если сравнивать тот материал, что видел я, и конечный, то, как мне кажется, МакДжи все правильно сделал. Он убрал все ненужное. Моих сцен не так много выбросили. Просто дело в том, что некоторые моменты не очень подходят — для этого и нужен монтаж. Например, излишне сентиментальные сцены. В общем, он правильно поступил.
— Может быть, мы все это увидим на DVD…
— Да, наверное.
— Тяжело было снимать «Терминатора» с физической стороны?
— Да, приходилось много тренироваться каждый день. На площадке постоянно приходилось бегать, орать. Если отбросить работу над персонажем, то по большей части мы там бегали и орали.
— Насколько я понял, вы не так много снимали на зеленом экране…
— Да. В таком фильме, казалось бы, многое должно быть нарисовано на компьютере, а мы работали вживую. Кое-что, конечно, было на зеленом экране. Например, те же вертолеты. Но даже мототерминаторы — это люди на мотоциклах, по которым мы стреляли. И тягач тоже настоящий — мы гнали по шоссе. Там был, пожалуй, только один компьютерный дубль во всей сцене — это когда мы в самом тягаче сидим. А так — тягач постоянно ехал. Приходилось постоянно сильно напрягаться. Ушибы бывали каждый день.
— Меня вот больше не погоня впечатлила, а когда ты из кабины выпал, а Маркус тебя втащил.
— Ну, я там держаться должен был, а Сэм (Уортингтон) мне протягивает ружье и я за его ствол хватаюсь. Но один раз я слишком отпрыгнул, он меня не удержал, и я упал. Если б страховки не было — съемки бы для меня закончились. Потом я подтянулся и залез в кабину. Но шрам на ноге остался. Просто на тягаче на большой скорости вообще опасно. Он не для того придуман, чтобы по нему бегать, да еще и падение изображать. А еще в Альбукерке, где мы снимали, было очень жарко и пыльно. Все сотрудники съемочной группы были в очках и масках, потому что сильный ветер и пыль в лицо. Жесть.

— Вот ты снялся в двух крупнейших блокбастерах этого года. Хотелось бы теперь сыграть в маленьком фильме?
— Да. Мне, конечно, повезло, что в этих двух фильмах пришлось значительно проработать персонажей, но было бы интересно сняться в чем-то скромном. Очень жду начала съемок фильма, в котором режиссером будет Билл Мэйси. Там уж точно все будет построено на персонажах, а не на спецэффектах. Даже если там и будут спецэффекты, то точно без боевых сцен.
— А как он называется?
— Называется «Снова и снова» (Keep Coming Back). Пока решается вопрос о сроках съемок. В общем, такие проекты мне очень интересны.
— Какие у тебя ощущения после окончания съемок? Тяжело вернуться к нормальной жизни или скучаешь, что работа закончилась?
— Если сразу нет какой-то другой работы, то довольно сложно отвыкнуть от производственного процесса. Сразу куда-то пропадают те люди, с которыми ты провел все эти месяцы на работе, к которым уже привык. Теряется какое-то стремление работать постоянно. На съемках все время надо что-то делать, чего-то добиваться — настоящая жизнь. А когда я не работаю, то обычно просыпаюсь, смотрю — полдень. Потом сажусь почитать или музыкой занимаюсь, кино смотрю. Я, кстати, стал больше читать на съемках после работы. По выходным читаю и смотрю кино там. Дома я тоже, конечно, все это делаю, но на съемках есть какой-то ритм жизни. Один друг мой сказал, что у актеров и артистов бывают проблемы с наркотиками и алкоголем, потому что работа для них — это естественный кайф. А когда работы нет — приходится чем-то заменять. И речь даже не только о наркотиках или пьянстве. Надо хоть что-то делать постоянно. Но такого же удовольствия, как на съемках, все равно не получишь. Ну, я стараюсь расслабиться просто, чтобы не хандрить.

За помощь в подготовке материала большое спасибо студии «НоваМедиа». Дебют аудиоверсии интервью состоится 30 мая на волне «НоваРадио» в специальном эфире, посвященном «Терминатору».
http://filmz.ru/pub/13/16854_1.htm

Pooh1150Дата: Понедельник, 01.06.2009, 18:00 | Сообщение # 22
Генерал-лейтенант
Интервью про Терминатора
While most only know Anton Yelchin from his excellent work in such films as “Alpha Dog”, “Charlie Bartlett”, and “Fierce People”, he’s about to gain a lot of new fans as he’s Pavel Chekov in director J.J. Abrams “Star Trek”, and Kyle Reese in McG’s “Terminator Salvation”. It’s a good summer for this rising star.

So when I got to speak with Anton for my one on one interview, I was curious if he was apprehensive about signing onto two big franchises that could potentially leave little room for other projects. While he said that was a concern, he also revealed it was almost three franchises, as he was signed onto “Justice League” before that project fell apart. Who knows, if “Justice League” had gone in front of the cameras, someone else might have been Kyle Reese.

Anyway, during our ten minute conversation, I tried to ask Anton some questions he hadn’t been asked yet. While we started off in a weird place talking about how the celebrity paparazzi culture has changed in the past few decades, we did eventually get to “Star Trek” and “Terminator”. If you’re a fan of this up and coming actor, I think you’ll really enjoy the interview.

As always, you can either read the transcript after the jump or listen to our conversation by clicking here.

terminator_salvation_final_one_sheet_movie_poster_.jpg

Collider: So I’m tried to come up with something that you have not been asked because I would imagine…what’s it like for you to be doing so much press in the last few weeks? Because you’re done a lot of independent movies, and now you’re stepping up into like huge Hollywood franchises?

Anton Yelchin: Yeah, sure.

So what’s it like for you sort of talking about things in such detail or the promotional process?

Anton Yelchin: It’s kind of just it’s like part of the job, you know? It’s not what I envisioned my job to be but it certainly becomes a part of your job. You have to promote the movie that you made. It’s weird. It makes me feel self-conscious to constantly talk about myself and whatnot, but it’s nice when you have two movies you’re proud of. It’s better than talking about movies you dislike and have to promote. So it’s all right overall. It is a lot of talking and it is a lot of projecting opinions and what have you and creating whatever kind of…I guess it’s bizarre because everything sort of translates to your public image or to construction of what people or who people see you as, which is bizarre. I’d prefer that people only saw the work and ignored…

Well you haven’t been what I call a paparazzi project yet, where people are stalking you or invading your privacy. And yet you’re stepping into these franchises. Are you a little bit aware of what that kind of…what happens when you start stepping into these big franchises?

Anton: I guess. I don’t really know - like you said - I’ve never been part of it, but I think sometimes people put themselves out there depending on…certain people, a lot of that is their whole careers like being photographed. I think there are a lot of actors that you know photographers take pictures of actors. Like a guy like Brad Pitt, who I think is a very talented actor, gets pictures of him taken all the time because he happens to have this celebrity side to him and yet I personally think he’s a very talented actor.

I agree.

Anton: And that’s the most important thing about him, at least for me.

He’s one of the rare people that I think, he’s a phenomenal actor and he just happens to be super-famous.

Anton: Exactly. But I think a lot of actors kind of avoid that. I mean they avoid…we live in a more obsessed culture than it was like 30 years ago, but a guy like Robert De Nero, I don’t think, got followed around by the paparazzi everywhere but he’s Robert DiNero, you know?

I think there were paparazzi back…it’s interesting how our conversation has shifted into something completely…but I think back then there were tabloids and the people going after….but it’s become an industry now.

terminator_salvation_movie_image_anton_yelchin_sam_worthington.jpg

Anton: Right. That’s exactly what I mean. It’s been around. I mean, Fellini introduced it in La Dolce Vita, you know?

Totally.

Anton: But there’s a greater obsession with celebrity now and also there used to be an idea of glamour in celebrity as in you’d have Hollywood premieres and you’d have guys like Cary Grant. But the idea wasn’t to invade their privacy to find out dirty things about them. I mean, JFK could sleep around with half the town and that didn’t bother anyone. Bill Clinton gets a BJ and he gets…

Totally.

Anton: Exactly, so that’s our culture. It’s a culture of obsessive voyeurism and exhibitionism and I think that’s why that happens so much more now. I feel like a guy like Brad Pitt 40 years ago could just have been Brad Pitt and they would have been happy to photograph him at premieres and see him at premieres and maybe a party having a cocktail or two and that would have been it. But at this point they’re photographing the guy playing with his kids in his backyard or whatever. And especially with the idea of the Internet, everything gets out there so if there’s a desire for that info, it’ll be put out there and I think that’s a large part of it as well.

Well, you mentioned in the roundtable room how you’ve not really heard of Twitter, but yet so many of your peers and filmmakers and everybody are on this thing. Jon Favreau, on the set of “Iron Man II”, is Twittering or Tweeting Scarlett Johansson just showed up and you’ve never heard a crew get so quiet. You know, like instant info all around.

Anton: Right.

So do you ever see yourself being that sort of putting yourself out there that much?

christian_bale_stars_as_john_connor_in_terminator_salvation.jpg

Anton: No. To the extent I’d which I’d like to put myself out there is I don’t mind making little weird YouTube videos but ones I’m not in. You know, just things that I’m shooting and directing briefly I’m putting out there because I want maybe people to see what my vision of this world is, but they’re not going to be like “hey I’m Anton Yelchin” like. They’re just going to be like weird videos. Putting music out there that I make with my friends. That is something I want to get out there just as part of the creative process but beyond that, no I’m not going to be Twittering “hey guys I’m taking a shit right now”.

It always comes back to that. It’s funny. Well, let me jump into actually moving from the celebrity culture into…you’re in two huge franchises that happen to come out within two weeks of each other. Both of which, I would imagine, make you sign a multi-picture deal because they’re not going to jeopardize…they don’t want to have to deal with contracts. They want to have people figured out.

How much hesitation for you was there signing onto two franchises that could possibly film back-to-back for the next foreseeable future?

Anton: When I had signed onto “Star Trek” there was no “Terminator” so it was kind of like “sure I’ll do this. This sounds great! Hell yeah, I’ll do it”. It is something you have to take a business consideration you have to take in because there might not be room to make the other movies, but other than that I was kind of like, you know, we’ll be lucky if we make more movies so let’s just make this one and hope it turns out great. And then suddenly “Terminator” came up and at the same time at that time they were going to be making a “Justice League” and that came up and I was like “Wow. There’s three now. Shit.”

Right.

Anton: So “Justice League” ended up falling apart whatever-never happened. But I signed onto “Terminator” and the people that I work with were saying what you’re signing up to is exactly what you said. You could potentially be doing these back-to-back. And there wasn’t going to be a way that I was going to pass on a movie like “Terminator”. I was obsessed with this character since a young age and it would be an honor for me to be a part of it and I’m lucky though that it’s such a fascinating character because I think if was a different character I’d have much more hesitation because I don’t mind seeing where Kyle Reese goes for the next couple of films. I don’t mind working through the paranoia and the anger and the vulnerability that I started to work here in this picture and if we’re lucky and–knock on wood–a couple more pictures. Because it will be an interesting process to carry that character and continually work with him almost like I guess theatre actors do on a play where they can find kind of…I wonder if a theatre actor starts off with kind of a construct of a character at the beginning and they’ve learned more about the character by the end, you know, by the…

Totally.

christian_bale_stars_as_john_connor_in_warner_bros._pictures_action_sci-fi_feature_terminator_salvation.jpg

Anton: So it’s something that would be really interesting. And with Chekhov it’s the same thing. I love these characters so I do look forward to, if we’re lucky, coming back and being able to work with them again and see what else I can pull out of them. So it’s almost like they’ll be the same characters but I’ll see what I can do to add another layer to them.

So how does it feel for you when you’re…the thing I’ve found I’ve done a lot of set visits recently and I am constantly amazed at the hours that everyone has to put in when making a movie. And no matter how many times it’s said, I don’t think people who watch movies truly understand the amount of time and energy everyone has to put in.

Anton: Yeah.

So how does it feel for you….”Star Trek” getting crazy reviews? I mean people are falling over themselves in love with this film. Last night everyone seemed to really dig “Terminator”.

So for you as an actor, how rewarding is it after putting in so much time and energy to hear this positive response?

terminator_salvation_movie_image_1234.jpg

Anton: I mean it’s obviously it’s great, you know? I try though…the flipside to that positive response is a potential for negative response and if you pay too much attention to the positive response, you’re going to have to pay a lot of attention to the negative response. The most rewarding thing for me is when I sit in a movie theatre and I see the movie for the first time and I go, “Shit. I like that movie.” And that’s what I felt watching “Star Trek”. I loved it and I watched “Terminator” last week and I really, really liked it as well. I really enjoyed it and I think they’re two totally different movies. You know, “Star Trek” you come out loving it because it’s a joyous film. You come out of “Terminator” and there’s this exciting kind of heaviness that you have to deal with because it’s a Terminator film and I love that too. So that is the most rewarding thing. Also, to go on Rotten Tomatoes and see that out of 118 reviews of “Star Trek” there’s 110 positive ones is pretty incredible and I’m very proud and it’s pretty great.

I noticed the same thing yesterday.

Anton: Yeah, it’s insane. I was like Jesus-it’s 90-some positive.

Totally.

Anton: So of course it’s rewarding and the hours are crazy. I mean it’s so much hard work. I’ve talked to my friends about this a lot. They just don’t really get it like it’s really hard work. I mean “Star Trek” we had 20-hour days…like a couple 20-hour days. Like a 20-hour day is insane. I don’t think people get like…9-5 is the average day. 20-hours is insane. So it’s more than twice the average work day and people think you just…yeah there’s craft service and catering and it’s nicer than standing on your feet all day or flipping burgers or whatever, but it’s tedious because it’s emotionally compromising for everyone–for the grips, you know? The grips are getting pissed off because they’re tired of standing around for 20 hours and watching the same scene. It’s a hard job. It’s a lot of work to put that on-screen.

And that’s why when it gets right when so many people love something.

Anton: Yeah, it’s very rewarding yeah.

Absolutely. I know I’ve got to wrap up with you but what else are you working on right now or getting ready to work on?

Anton: Talking to Bill Macy about a film that he’s doing. That’s pretty much it. Trying to find another interesting character to play.

Cool. Congratulations.
http://www.collider.com/2009....lvation

Pooh1150Дата: Среда, 03.06.2009, 00:26 | Сообщение # 23
Генерал-лейтенант
Ещё одно интервью с Антоном
Anton Yelchin is considered, cultured and likable. Ben Child asks Terminator Salvation's young Kyle Reese if he's ever had a 'Christian Bale moment'

"When a person is disrupting the process of film-making and not being professional, they disrespect everyone on set – not just the actor, not just the person they are directly involved with, but everyone. Because we all show up at the crack of dawn and we all learn to do our jobs. Everyone is expected to be professional and when they're not that means they don't give a shit about what they're doing and they shouldn't be there."

Can anyone guess what has got the usually unflappable Anton Yelchin hot under the collar? Here's a clue: it involves a certain belligerent actor and an unfortunate (Yelchin might say culpable) director of photography, on the set of Terminator Salvation last summer. A recording later found its way onto the internet, causing huge embarrassment for Christian Bale, his director McG and pretty much everyone involved in the new film.

Thanks to his sparky turn as young resistance fighter Kyle Reese in Salvation, and an eye-catching performance as navigator Pavel Chekov in the summer's other science fiction blockbuster Star Trek, Yelchin has been left mercifully untouched by the incident. In fact, he is one of the few people involved who has emerged from the travails in a rather better position.

The new Terminator movie has not been a hit with the critics, and has performed only adequately at the US box office – it looks likely to make even less money than 2003's much-derided Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines. Bale, in particular, must be wondering why he bothered committing himself to a second major franchise (and one most felt was on its way out) when he already had Christopher Nolan's Batman reboot in the bag.

Yelchin is in Paris, in preppy shirt and sweater, looking more like Charlie Bartlett, the amiable posh kid he played in last year's mildly amusing Ferris Bueller-esque high school comedy, than the survivor of an apocalypse. He's articulate and appears older than his years, some way from the rather wide-eyed roles he is regularly cast in, but doesn't come across as either precocious or pretentious.

I ask him whether it has been strange being cast in two of the summer's most high profile movies, after a career of mainly smaller films like Bartlett and the 2007 thriller Alpha Dog, in which he played a kidnap victim. What encouraged him to make the leap?

"I wasn't like: 'Now I'm going to make blockbusters', he says. "The next movie I'd like to do would probably be a smaller film, but if something came along ... I mean, look at Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight. That's definitely one of the greatest performances I've seen in recent history. And that was in the greatest spectacle movie of recent history. I think you can always find interesting, complex and fascinating characters to play in different kinds of movies. It's in your hands."

What attracted him to Star Trek and Terminator in particular?

"With Star Trek I wanted to work with JJ Abrams, because I think he's great at the kind of things he does," he says. "I researched the character because I didn't know too much about Star Trek at the time, and I thought it would be funny to reinterpret this iconic Russian stereotype. With Terminator, I've always been a huge fan. It's a classic for anyone who grew up in the late 80s, early 90s, so I couldn't not be in a Terminator movie."

This rather considered, cultured and likable young man, the son of Russian-Jewish figure skaters (who were stars of the Leningrad ice ballet before emigrating to the USA), doesn't really seem the type you would imagine forking out for Transformers II later in the summer. Are these films the sort he would go and see himself? "Not really. I like Michael Haneke, Lars von Trier, Almodovar. I think all of my favourite directors were at Cannes this year."

Are there any art-house film-makers he would like to work with? He laughs: "All of them. All the ones I mentioned. But also Scorsese, who is probably my favourite American film-maker. I really like Jim Jarmusch and Tarantino, obviously. But that's not to say I wouldn't work on any other kind of movie. What I watch and what I work on are different."

In Salvation he is charged with that most difficult of tasks, playing the younger version of an iconic character (in this case Kyle Reese, portrayed by Michael Biehn in James Cameron's 1984 Terminator). For the uninitiated, Reese is a resistance fighter who travels back in time from a post-apocalyptic future to protect the mother of the resistance leader John Connor (during which, it transpires that he is John's father). Salvation features the first meeting between Connor (Bale) and his future/past dad who, in 2018, is but a teenager with dreams of joining the resistance.

"The goal was always to adjust this movie to T1 as opposed to just making a new Kyle Reese," says Yelchin. "And as a Terminator fan I thought that was the right thing to do, because that's the movie you want to see, [and] he's so iconic. I felt that the main difference between them is that in T1 he has a military organisation and objective. In this one he doesn't: he's just surviving, with all the natural human qualities that make up a young man, so his emotions will be a little heightened, he'd be a little more paranoid, and at times more vulnerable, but still strong and courageous, and for want of a better term, badass."

The movie has been criticised, notably by the eminent American critic Roger Ebert, for eschewing characterisation in favour of loud bangs and explosions. Was it difficult to make his character believable within such strict time constraints?

"Yeah there is definitely that," Yelchin admits. "You always want to put in as much as you can and make it as complex as possible and sometimes it was like: 'shit I forgot, this is a Terminator movie and we're gonna blow a lot of shit up and have a good time'. But I think one doesn't cancel out the other: if you create an interesting character it supports the action, and vice versa."

How does he feel about the negative reception to the movie in the US, where director McG, whose previous films include the Charlie's Angels movies, was subjected to a barrage of abuse in the blogosphere, even before anyone had seen the film. Does he feel the film-maker was unfairly persecuted?

"Yeah, him and Christian. But once people have something they want to say about a person, they take it to the Nth degree," says Yelchin. "Personally I think McG did a really good job. For some reason everyone was just very harsh about it."

I decide it's time to move on to the famed incident involving Bale which, it would now appear, has disproved the old adage that all publicity is good publicity. Those of us who heard the actor's rant at cinematographer Shane Hurlbut – and McG's rather meek on-set reaction to it – got the firm impression that there was only one person on the Terminator Salvation set who was calling the shots. Was Bale in charge?

"No, not at all," Yelchin shakes his head. "The person running things is always the director. It's a shame that it got out, because people let that colour their vision of Christian, which is an innaccurate vision – he's a wonderful person to be around on set, very passionate. Also [the leak] breaks that privacy, which is really essential. There's privacy so that people can experiment and do whatever they need to do to get what's on screen on screen."

He leans forward to catch my eye, and asks rhetorically: "How many times have you yelled at each other at work, in your office?"

And it's then that Yelchin delivers the rather wonderful monologue in defence of Bale, which begins this article. It does him credit; although it would be easier to believe, after listening to the rant, that the Welshman is just one of those people you would rather never meet, his fellow castmember's endorsement is clearly heartfelt.

I ask if he has ever had a Christian Bale moment himself, half expecting him to dredge up some dreadful faux pas, to help cast his fellow thespian's hissy fit in a more positive light. But for the first time in our conversation, Yelchin is a bit lost for words.

"Umm, not really," he says, before finally offering: "There have been times when I have suggested to people that they should be a little quiet and let me concentrate."

Which just about sums it up. There may be a point in the future where Yelchin is able to act like a prima donna on set, but right now he's in that comfortable stage of stardom where, despite his recent successes, his rants will be limited to interviews such as these. Let's hope, for his sake, that things stay that way.
http://www.pastemagazine.com/around_....nn.html

Pooh1150Дата: Пятница, 05.06.2009, 18:45 | Сообщение # 24
Генерал-лейтенант
Эксклюзивное интервью с Антоном Ельчиным

« ... Я здорово отошёл от того персонажа, который был прописан в сценарии. Придумал своё видение Кайла Риса ещё до того, как мы уехали в Альбукерке на съёмочную площадку. Я пришёл к МакДжи, рассказал, каким я вижу этого героя и он сказал: «Согласен! Так и сделаем!» »

Не спрашивайте Антона Ельчина, каково быть частью «Терминаторов». Он же давний поклонник этих фильмов, так что получите всё время один и тот же ответ. Может быть, разными словами. Но смысл будет один: это было потрясающе!

С Антоном мы уже встречались в Москве, когда говорили о «Звёздном пути». Уже тогда он с большим интересом рассказывал про своего Кайла Риса. Не каждый день тебе доводится играть персонажа, который стал таким же культовым, как и сам Терминатор. T3 ему тоже не нравится, Т2 он смотрел несколько раз, а Т1 затёр до дыр, поскольку старался максимально точно передать героя, которого сыграл Майкл Бьен.

Круглый стол с Антоном проходит самым первым. Немец задаёт вопрос «кто он вообще такой?» Я начинаю рассказывать, что он родился в СССР, в Ленинграде, что родители-фигуристы эмигрировали, когда мальчику было всего полгода, так что русский он только по фамилии. В остальном Антон — типичный американский парень, Но когда он заходит к нам, в ответ на «привет, помнишь меня» улыбается и с лёгким акцентом отвечает по-русски «Конечно! Здравствуй!»

Любимым персонажем «Терминаторов» Антон называет Арнольда. «Наверное, потому что мне всегда нравилась модель Т-800. Но ещё очень нравится сравнивать, как он изменился с 1984 года и спустя 7 лет, уже играл в Т2, будучи звездой мирового масштаба. Его актёрские данные улучшились, он стал смешнее, ушла скованность».

Слушай, я видела тебя в шоу Джимми Киммела, где ты сказал, что не любишь дурацких вопросов, но я тебе один всё же задам. Почему роботы «Скайнет» не убили Кайла Риса, когда был шанс?

Понятно. Ну... Думаю... Как лично я всегда понимал, машины ловят Риса, чтобы приманить Джона Коннора.

Антон, так всё просто же: убили Риса, не надо заманивать Джона Коннора — его просто не будет! Может, у вас по сюжету они хотели сделать из него Терминатора?

Может и так... Слушай, знаешь, я вообще очень благодарный зритель. Кино снимают для таких, как я. Потому что я не задаю лишних вопросов и просто ценю то развлечение, которое мне дарит тот или иной фильм. В конце концов, существует масса картин, над которыми действительно можно хорошенько подумать. Не «Терминатора» ж разбирать! Мне нравится смотреть такие фильмы, не задумываясь, не анализируя. Почему «Скайнет» не убивает Риса? Может, пытались сохранить для опытов, может, хотели, как ты и предполагаешь, сделать из него новую модель...

Но ты будешь дальше сниматься в роли Кайла Риса?

Я очень на это надеюсь. У меня это прописано в контракте, но посмотрим, как этот пойдёт.

Ты встречался с Майклом Бьеном?

Нет. Если честно, я не ставил перед собой такой задачи. Мне было достаточно смотреть на его игру в первом фильме, оттуда я получил все нужные мне знания. Вырабатывал у себя взгляд человека, которого преследуют; старался бегать, как животное... говорить более низким голосом... Хотел наиболее точно передать его речь, особенно фразу come with me if you want to live (идём со мной, если хочешь жить). Всё думал, куда акцент поставить. Если на жить, то получалось «можешь никуда со мной не идти, но если останешься, то умрёшь. Я просто предупредить хотел».

Учитывая, что Ельчин задействован в двух крупнейших проектах года, его неизбежно спрашивают, как изменится его жизнь. «Надеюсь, будет проще получить работу», — улыбается Антон.

Можешь сравнить МакДжи и Джей Джей Абрамса?

Они совсем разные. Джей Джей весь в себе, МакДжи такой экстраверт... они оба приверженцы своего дела, только МакДжи ярче проявляет свой энтузиазм. Но они оба открыты к сотрудничеству, выслушивают мысли актёров, готовы экспериментировать. Если посмотреть на конечный результат, на «Звёздный путь» и «Терминатора: Да придёт спаситель», то сразу видна разница. Джей Джей увлекается монтажом, у него разные ракурсы, он камеру всячески двигает, а МакДжи больше любит снимать без склеек, одним дублем. Что, кстати, странно: их манера съёмки абсолютно не соответствует их характерам.

Затем разговор переходит на Чехова и его русский акцент. Антон рассказывает про то, насколько у него там гипертрофированный и фальшивый акцент — как и в оригинальном сериале. Журналист из Польши интересуется у меня, как отреагировали в России на акцент Антона.

Без понятия: у нас фильмы дублируют! Мне пришлось в Финляндию ехать, чтобы оригинал смотреть. Кстати, Антон, у тебя очень здорово получилось!

Спасибо! Чёрт, точно, меня ж у вас дублировали... Я ж слышал немного в Москве на премьере — странные ощущения! Но вообще я не стал сам озвучивать Чехова, потому что это было бы совсем странно: он должен говорить по-английски с русским акцентом.

На следующий день мне совершенно случайно удаётся поговорить с Антоном один на один. Надо сказать, что вообще это абсолютно нереально: время каждого актёра обычно расписано заранее, но здесь мне просто повезло. График как-то сдвинулся, так что у Антона оказалось несколько свободных минут.

Стою около входа в номер, откуда доносится уже знакомый голос и с ужасом думаю, что совершенно не готова. Тут стоит отметить, что все умные вопросы, которые ты пишешь заранее, как правило не считываются со страниц, поскольку из-за привычки печатать почерк атрофируется, а всё, что было придумано только что — выветривается из головы, едва ты нажимаешь на кнопку диктофона.

Антон, привет, это снова я. Прости, у нас с тобой совсем спонтанный разговор получится. Поэтому я сразу спрошу: каких вопросов ты не любишь?

Дурацких!

Но это с твоей стороны они дурацкие, а с моей, может, очень даже умные!

Ну, если спросить человека, как изменилась Москва... То есть, мне непонятно, зачем спрашивать иностранца, как изменился город, если он толком его и не знает! На мой взгляд, это неумные вопросы. Отсутствие логики и простой подготовки меня просто убивает иногда. Да слушай, вообще я не то чтоб не люблю определённых вопросов, я начинаю раздражаться в ответ. Ой, кстати, что это?

Антон берёт со стола диктофон предыдущей журналистки, извиняется и выбегает в коридор с криком «стойте, вы диктофон забыли!» Пока он не вернулся, можете посмотреть фрагмент из шоу Джимми Киммела и убедиться, что Антон на вопрос «чувствуешь ли ты себя русским» честно отвечает, что он американец и живёт в Штатах всю свою сознательную жизнь. Заодно, увидите шляпу, в которой он был на нашем круглом столе.

У нас бытует мнение, что «Терминатор» без Шварценеггера не «Терминатор» вообще. Что ты думаешь?

Ну, формально он есть и в нашем фильме.

Формально — да, но....

А что, третий был хороший? Там был Шварценеггер.

По-моему, плохой он был.

По-моему, тоже. Меня вчера кто-то спросил, насколько верно по отношению к самой сути франшизы то, что у нас отсутствует привычная всем игра в кошки-мышки. На мой взгляд суть «Терминаторов» не в Арнольде. Хотя, лично для меня, как для фаната Шварценеггера, он определяет фильм, я готов признать, что третью часть его присутствие не спасло. Так что, по-моему, суть «Терминаторов» всегда была в героях и в сюжете, в противовес фильмам, выезжающим за счёт одного героя и одной сюжетной линии. Конечно, присутствие Арнольда связывает наш фильм с первыми двумя. Здорово, что он у нас есть — пусть и в такой форме. Зато какое появление!

Этого не отнимешь! Твой персонаж тоже довольно эффектно появляется. Герой проходит через определённые изменения на протяжении фильма. Трудно было найти Кайла Риса в себе?

Да, конечно, трудно. Это вообще довольно сложный персонаж, поскольку Майкл Бьен сыграл его так сильно, душу вложил. Получить такую роль — большая честь, но вместе с тем и огромная ответственность. Нужно сделать все исследования и надеяться на лучшее!

Но ты понимаешь, что твоему персонажу предстоит в будущем вернуться в прошлое и влюбиться в Сару Коннор? Ты бы сам мог увлечься похожей на неё девушкой?

Конечно! Она очень привлекательна! Сейчас попробую описать причину, по которой Кайл Рис влюбляется в Сару Коннор, потому что мне самому всегда было интересно, почему это происходит. Он, будучи очень одиноким парнем, получает фотографию Сары от человека, которого он очень уважает, фактически считает отцом. И он влюбляется в женщину на снимке, потому что она для него представляет вселенную, в которой он хотел бы жить. Он верит в эту вселенную, она даёт ему надежду и придаёт смысл его жизни. Вот во что он фактически влюбляется. Ну и вдобавок, Сара клёвая, конечно!

Антон смеётся, а потом снова делает серьёзное лицо и заканчивает:

Мне кажется, что любовь в «Терминаторе» не основана на физической привлекательности. Там есть нечто большее.

Я вчера посмотрела фильм второй раз — раз была возможность увидеть в оригинале — и подумала, что Джон Коннор в фильме больше похож на машину, чем на человека. В отличие от Маркуса Райта — вот он более человечный вышел.

Слушай, не знаю, по-моему, Коннор вполне себе человек. Просто он находится под большим давлением. Это уж точно не Джон Коннор Эдварда Ферлонга. С какой стати, он был бы похож на Эда тридцать лет спустя, правда?

Ага. Или на Ника Стала.

Да, да! Как вообще он стал бы лидером группы людей, пытающихся выжить в мире после атомной войны, оставайся он ребёнком? Мне лично очень нравится решение Кристиана сыграть Коннора таким суровым и напряжённым человеком, при этом страдающего от той ответственности, которой он обременён. В этом всё дело: он постоянно мучается и страдает. Так что герой получился весьма нервный. Он же вечно обо всём беспокоится!

Мне показалось, или тебе интереснее говорить про «Терминатора», чем про «Звёздный путь»?

У нас же тут джанкет по «Терминатору»!

Просто ты в Москве как-то здорово воодушевился, когда тебя про «Терминатора» спросили, я помню!

Слушай, ну честно, мне очень нравятся оба проекта, но они настолько разные, что и говорю я о них совершенно разные вещи.

А если бы пришлось выбирать между «Звёздным путём» и «Терминатором», что бы ты выбрал?

Трудный вопрос! Я люблю оба проекта, каждый по-своему. Они совсем разные, сравнивать невозможно. Два совершенно разных персонажа в совершенно разных фильмах. И каждого я ценю отдельно.

Слышала про книгу Кормака МакКарти «Дорога»...

Да, МакДжи просил нас прочитать её.

Тут на днях вышел трейлер к экранизации этой книги — у меня создалось ощущение, что вам в «Спасителе» удалось лучше передать ту гнетущую атмосферу романа, нежели в самом фильме.

А что, уже фильм вышел?

Да нет пока, только трейлер.

О, надо будет глянуть. Обожаю книгу. Визуально «Терминатор: Да придёт спаситель» взял многое от «Дороги». Что-то оттуда, что-то от «Безумного Макса 2»... Понимаешь, «Дорога» — книга о том, как оставаться человеком перед лицом полного уничтожения людского рода. И МакДжи снимал фильм об этом же.

Я тебя вчера просила сравнить Джей Джей Абрамса и МакДжи. Расскажи подробнее, какой всё-таки из МакДжи режиссёр?

Что мне в нём больше всего нравится, так это готовность к сотрудничеству. Он реально позволяет актёрам привносить в роль что-то от себя.

Так ты многое изменил в своём герое?

Ну я здорово отошёл от того персонажа, который был прописан в сценарии. Придумал своё видение Кайла Риса ещё до того, как мы уехали в Альбукерке на съёмочную площадку. Я пришёл к МакДжи, рассказал, каким я вижу этого героя и он сказал: «Согласен! Так и сделаем!» И вот что в нём самое прекрасное: он приветствует твой вклад, рад сотрудничеству с актёром. Если ты придумываешь что-то стоящее, то он всегда примет твою сторону.

Выходит, Кайл был другим по изначальному сценарию?

Ой, совсем другим.

А расскажи?

Он был каким-то глупым пареньком, комическим элементом фильма. Мне показалось, что Кайл Рис не мог быть таким даже в юности. Это же молодой человек, живущий в разрушенном городе. Где страх? Где злость? Где паранойя? Собственно, где все черты, делающие Кайла Риса Кайлом Рисом? Вобщем, мы изменили всё.

Но девочка тоже была с ним?

Да.

Может, объяснишь, в чём её назначение?

Мне кажется, что благодаря Стар, можно увидеть, какой отец получился бы из Кайла. Она является его слабым местом, но, он живёт только ради неё. Нужно заботиться о ней, находить убежище, оберегать её. В сценарии было больше сцен с ней, мы их сняли, но потом их вырезали. Нужно ли было их оставлять? Не знаю. Мне кажется, прокатная версия очень удачная.

Время пролетает незаметно. Пока мы прощаемся с Антоном, я говорю, что в России мы его всё равно любим. Пусть он даже и американец — корни-то всё равно наши. Ельчин смущённо благодарит и протягивает мне диктофон: «не забудь»!

И на этом моя парижская эпопея со звёздами и создателями нового «Терминатора» заканчивается. Встретимся на пятой части?
http://www.kinopoisk.ru/level/73/interview/963273/

Pooh1150Дата: Пятница, 05.06.2009, 20:30 | Сообщение # 25
Генерал-лейтенант
Актер Антон Ельчин: "Мой герой Риз - параноик"
Элен Липворт

У молодости есть лишь один серьезный недостаток - она быстро проходит. В попытке остановить быстротекущее время мы открываем новую рубрику: "Слово молодым". Первым взойдет на известинскую трибуну 20-летний Антон Ельчин - юная голливудская звезда русского происхождения. В выходящем в российский прокат фильме "Терминатор: Да придет спаситель" (новая серия всемирно известной киносаги, снятая МакДжи) он сыграл Кайла Риза - отважного воина, защитника человечества с борьбе с киборгами. Специально для "Известий" в Лос-Анджелесе с Антоном встретилась Элен Липворт.

вопрос: Вы хотели получить эту роль?

ответ: Да, очень! Мне было четыре года, когда я впервые увидел "Терминатора", и с тех пор мечтал сыграть в этом фильме. И то, что через пятнадцать лет мне предложили одну из ролей... Да я просто вне себя от восторга!

в: Расскажите о своем герое.

о: Мой Кайл Риз не просто выживает в войне, за ним все время идет охота... Выстраивая свою роль, я, естественно, отталкивался от того, как играл Риза Майкл Бин в предыдущем "Терминаторе". Мне было важно уловить суть этого характера. Я понимал, что моментами он настоящий суровый герой, а временами - сентиментальнейший влюбленный: ведь так трогательно его отношение к Саре Коннор. И еще я заметил, насколько параноидальный у него характер. Мой Риз всегда уверен в себе, всегда смел, он из тех, кто при всех обстоятельствах выживает. Собственно, вся его биография - это постоянная борьба за выживание. А это требует настоящего героизма. Мы с МакДжи много об этом разговаривали.

в: Как вам работалось с МакДжи? Он кажется очень страстным режиссером.

о: Он действительно по-настоящему увлечен проектом и всегда готов к сотрудничеству с актерами. И дает нам, исполнителям, максимум свободы. Если я приношу, как ему кажется, толковую идею, он ее принимает. И так с любым участником проекта.

в: Трудно было работать на "Терминаторе"?

о: Нелегко. Насыщенное действие плюс спецэффекты - иногда съемки продолжались целый день, а успевали снять лишь восьмую часть страницы сценария. Но я получил невероятное удовольствие.

в: А чего все-таки было больше - радости или утомления?

о: Как-то совмещалось. Например, во время сцены перестрелки в пустыне - а работа над ней продолжалась почти неделю - я чуть не свалился с грузовика. В последний момент мне удалось зацепиться за борт, я ободрал все ногти, но забрался обратно. А я тогда кричал от боли - очень натурально все получилось! И у меня до сих пор шрам остался.

в: Много пришлось тренироваться?

о: В течение нескольких недель по два часа в день. Много стрелял, пока действительно не почувствовал, что оружие - продолжение моей руки.

в: Вы наделили образ вашего героя особой глубиной, свойственной русским. Ведь ваши родители - из Советского Союза...

о: Да. Жизнь моих родителей в СССР была постоянной борьбой. Мои дядя и отец рассказывали о целых поколениях русских людей, которые росли со страхом в душе. Эмоцию постоянной борьбы за выживание я пытался передать своему персонажу. В моей душе это тоже живет - я стараюсь быть оптимистом, но понимаю, что на Земле еще много мест, где жизнь нестабильна и по-настоящему страшна.

в: С кого вы берете пример в жизни?

о: В первую очередь - с моих родителей. А среди актеров - это Роберт Де Ниро, Джек Николсон, Аль Пачино, Дастин Хоффман и Марлон Брандо. Очень уважаю артистов, подобных Кристиану Бейлу (партнер Ельчина по "Терминатору". - "Известия"). С одной стороны, он абсолютно нормальный, приятный в общении человек, с другой - душой и телом предан работе. Таким, я полагаю, должен быть любой актер.

в: А как вы сами пришли в эту профессию?

о: Когда мне исполнилось восемь, меня отдали в актерский класс. Я был очень стеснительным, и кто-то сказал моей маме, что занятия актерским мастерством мне будут полезны. Потом мама отвела меня на первые в моей жизни кинопробы. Так все началось. Позже я занимался с педагогом индивидуально, а Энтони Хопкинс, когда мы с ним снимались в фильме "Сердца в Атланте", подарил мне книги Станиславского. И на каждой из них написал: "Пока не читай!". Но теперь я с удовольствием их читаю и многому учусь. А недавно начал брать уроки по сценической речи.

в: Вы ведь еще талантливый музыкант. Как называется ваша группа?

о: "Малхолланд драйв". Я играю на гитаре и пою. Но главное для меня - расти в актерском отношении. Не вижу себя ни в какой другой профессии - только киноактером.

в: Не хотите что-нибудь сказать фанатам "Терминатора"?

о: Фанатов могу уверить: мы с огромным уважением и очень бережно отнеслись к тому, что было сделано в этом проекте до нас. Мы попытались создать перекличку между репликами, между кадрами разных лент - разрабатывали детали, которые уже были в фильмах Джеймса Камерона. Надеюсь, поклонники заметят наши усилия. Я думаю, что наша новая картина - это большая военная история. Это действительно военный фильм - люди здесь воюют с машинами.

Четверть века из жизни "Терминатора"

Первый "Терминатор" появился в 1984 году и стал одним из главных кинохитов эпохи. Действие фильма было не так уж удалено от нашего сегодняшнего дня: 2029 год. Для того чтобы изменить будущее, предстояло переделать прошлое. С этой целью нужно было создать существо, не знающее жалости и страха. Так возник киборг Терминатор... В роли Терминатора снялся Арнольд Шварценеггер, режиссером стал Джеймс Камерон. Их сотрудничество продолжилось и на втором фильме - "Терминатор. Судный день", когда Терминатору уже пришлось защищать людей от нового, более совершенного и безжалостного поколения киборгов. Третью часть "Терминатор. Восстание машин" снимал режиссер Джон Мостоу. Четвертый фильм "Терминатор: Да придет спаситель" доверили автору "Ангелов Чарли" и второго "Крика" МакДжи. Европейская гала-премьера состоялась в Париже 28 мая. В наш прокат фильм выходит 4 июня. Арнольда Шварценеггера в этой картине нет.
http://www.izvestia.ru/culture/article3129189/

Pooh1150Дата: Воскресенье, 07.06.2009, 10:51 | Сообщение # 26
Генерал-лейтенант
Аудиоинтервью с Антоном)
http://blogs.965thebuzz.com/afentra/2009/05/21/anton-yelchin/

Pooh1150Дата: Среда, 10.06.2009, 00:23 | Сообщение # 27
Генерал-лейтенант
From, Dazed's RISE profile of Anton Yelchin in the June issue, it's safe to say that the actor has truly risen on the back of starring in two heavyweight blockbusters (Terminator Salvation and Star Trek). We publish an uncut Q&A with the 20-year old actor where he talks about his beginnings and his inability to shut up.

Dazed Digital: Tell me a little bit about how you came into acting at such a young age. You don’t strike me as the “son of a stage mother” type.
Anton Yelchin: Not at all, my parents were actually figure skaters, believe it or not. They immigrated to America from Russian when I was little. I guess they were performers too in a way, but they never pushed me into acting. I actually came about it in a kind of ironic way. When I was a kid I was incredibly shy, painfully shy and a teacher at my elementary school suggested to my parents that they enroll me in an acting class to help me overcome that. We were living in LA, so that kind of therapy I guess seemed logical. And the weird thing was, it worked! Not only did I overcome my shyness, I actually totally fell in love with acting and totally went for it. I went from the kid who wouldn’t talk to the kid you couldn’t shut up!

DD: Why do think that is?
Anton Yelchin: The obvious. It let me pretend and when I pretended I didn’t have to feel like I was exposing myself, or revealing myself, even though you are, of course. With acting, you can be someone other than yourself and who doesn’t want to do that once in awhile?

DD: What was the transition from acting class/therapy to actually becoming a professional actor?
Anton Yelchin: Again, total weird luck. An agent came to class, saw me, got me my first jobs. I was a TV actor first, I did an episode of ER when I was only about 11. From there I did all sorts of stuff other TV roles, NYPD Blue, Law and Order. I got to play all sorts of characters. And then I did Alpha Dog with Nick Cassavetes and it just, luckily, keeps moving forward and I keep getting jobs.

DD: What role, out of this long history of working in film, over a short amount of time, do you feel most connected to?
Anton Yelchin: That’s a hard one. If I had to pick I would say Charlie Bartlett, he was really fun to play because he was this total smartass kid who did exactly what he wanted. I was the same age and kind of going through some the same things, so that made me feel really close to him in a lot of ways. But I wasn’t exactly him. He’s really ballsy and funny and doesn’t take any bullshit, which is definitely not me, however much I might wish it were. But, yeah, that character felt the most real to me I guess.... It’s funny though, because I love that movie and that script, but it’s not really how kids talk. Kids don’t say much really except for maybe shit or fuck. Young guys anyway, it’s not like they do a lot of talking.

DD: But you seem to!
Anton Yelchin: Ha! Like I said, the kid you can’t shut up. But really if you think about it, one of the hardest thing about writing a script for teens is really figuring out the ways they talk to one another. I’m actually in the process of trying to write something like that right now. I really like reading and I really like writing, so I wanted to start doing it more. I’m working on something really dark and funny about some teenagers, but even though I’m basically just stopped being a teen-ager it’s kind of hard to write that kind of dialogue.

DD: Well, you’re in two huge action movies now, which is an entirely different kind of dialogue.
Anton Yelchin: Very different, but I still try to find the character in other ways. I’ve done bigger movies but also really small ones and it’s always another learning process, but maybe with a bigger trailer and better food this time around. I try to read books, listen to music and really try to find the character that way, to develop these likes and dislikes and secret back stories about them that only I know about!

DD: What sort of story did you invent for your characters in Terminator and Star Trek?
Anton Yelchin: Star Trek was easy because I was working from a character a lot of people are familiar with and adding my own take. I wanted him to be really innocent and enthusiastic, it’s a supporting role, and so it wasn’t like I was carrying the whole movie on my character’s back. That was such a fun movie, because there are so many fans of the story and everyone involved, especially, J.J. Abrams, the director, was a total Star Trek fanatic. So even though it was a big budget, I think they would have done this with any budget, they were just so psyched to be adding to the legacy that Star Trek is, and it’s quite a legacy! And with Terminator, it was a supporting role again, but a really intense one. I read a lot of bleak literature and listed to a lot of angsty music and tried to put myself in a place where I could really understand what this character was going through.

DD: That seems like a pretty dark place to go.
Anton Yelchin: Definitely. I was glad to let it go when we finished shooting, because it was such a dark place. He’s lost everything.

DD: And in real life, you have everything to gain!
Anton Yelchin: Absolutely. I know all actors who have some success say this and they should – but how lucky am I? I’ve gotten to do so much interesting work so far and I’m only 20. I want to keep exploring and keep moving ahead and keep learning. Every time I do a project I learn a hell of a lot about a lot of things, about acting, about filmmaking and about myself too.
http://www.dazeddigital.com/ArtsAnd....n_Uncut

JulietteДата: Суббота, 13.06.2009, 12:25 | Сообщение # 28
Майор
Не знаю, может это тут уже было, но нашла вот такое интервью с Антоном про Звездный путь:
http://www.kinopoisk.ru/level/73/interview/951227/

Just shine a light on me, shine a light
I'll shine a light on you, shine a light
And you will see my shadow on every wall
And you will see my footprint on every floor...

Pooh1150Дата: Пятница, 26.06.2009, 00:08 | Сообщение # 29
Генерал-лейтенант
ARE YOU AND YOUR CHARACTER CHARLIE ALIKE AT ALL?

Well, I did go through a really angsty stage. When I was 13, all I listened to was "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd. I wore spiked bracelets and was just really affected by everything. Teen angst comes from thinking the world revolves around you, but it doesn’t. I got over that quickly—in, like, a summer—and now I’m pretty laid-back.

DID YOU LEARN ANYTHING WORKING ON THE MOVIE?

I became a lot more confident. To get into character, I had to watch myself all the time, so I noticed things about myself—like slouching. When you’re slouching you’re sort of shuffling along; a person who is really confident greets the world with his or her chest out. So I stopped slouching, and now I have my shoulders back like a Roman guard wearing a toga, sandals, and helmet.

GOOD FOR YOU! SO WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN YOU’RE NOT WORKING?

If it’s just one of those days at home, I lie around a lot. Ever since I was little I’ve been really content just sort of being by myself. A lot of people need to be doing something, but I’m really content just lying around and thinking. I live a sort of lazy, rhino-like existence.

DO YOU HAVE ANY HOBBIES?

I love taking photos. I wish I had a darkroom in my house, because I use a good old-school film camera. I always have one with black and white film in my car so I can take random pictures if I see something cool. Like, once I was driving and I saw tumbleweed, like they have in old westerns, in the middle of the street in suburban L.A., so I parked my car and took the picture.

DO YOU EVER TAKE PICTURES ON YOUR PHONE?

Yeah, I take a bunch of pictures and video. I’m also a big text message person. I send a ridiculous amount of them in a day. I’d just rather text my friends something quick than call them—it’s so much easier. I use a lot of abbreviations. Like “some” is “sum,” “and” is “n,” and “Okay” is just “k.” My friends and I are big random texters, but I text girls more than anyone!

Pooh1150Дата: Понедельник, 06.07.2009, 00:10 | Сообщение # 30
Генерал-лейтенант
Anton Yelchin : Brainy Boy Wonder

It's a wonder cute, 16-year-old Anton Yelchin isn't an ice skater! His parents were famous Russian pairs skaters but he admits, it just isn't for him. Anton, who plays Tommy, the lead character in David Duchovny's coming of age film The House of D, was brought to the U.S. as a baby and started acting in commercials at age nine. He speaks Russian and is one of the most intelligent, well-read young men we've met in a long time. That curly dark hair and blue eyes don't hurt the young actor's appeal either.

You might have seen Anton in the Stephen King adaptation film Hearts in Atlantis or in Along Came a Spider, a crime thriller co-starring Morgan Freeman. If you caught up with the dark-haired actor on a kick back day, he'd either be hiking with his dog or listening to Beatles songs. Anton is "retro-boy" into literature and music of past eras. When we cornered him at L.A.'s Four Seasons hotel, he was in a Beatles t-shirt covered with a nice suit jacket. In the film, Anton's hair is stick straight but here he comes to sit down with us in a white guy 'fro... or close to it.

TeenHollywood: Your hair is curly! Is that for a role?

Anton: No, my hair is actually really curly. When we started House of D, I had a huge fro, which was straightened every morning. It takes 20 minutes. High-speed fro straightening. Actually, it got shorter. The first time it was so long that Michael Chapman, who's the cinematographer, would come up and say 'Can you even see through that hair?' and then he walked away. It was the worst feeling. I thought, 'he hates me because of the hair'!

TeenHollywood: What was it about this character that you wanted to play him?

Anton: It was the script really. It was just everything about the script. It's so beautiful and it's so touching. Growing up is almost like a fairy tale and it's made into really a fairy tale here. I read it and I thought it was perfect. I just knew that David was going to be making it.

TeenHollywood: What was one of the funniest moments working with Robin Williams?

Anton: Everything was a lot of fun because he's like the only person who can make me cry from laughing. He opens his mouth and I'm already like, please, stop it. There's a scene in the hallway before we make a delivery. For about an hour an a half all we did was screw around in that hallway. We played football. We hit each other. There's times when I fell on the floor and I made him drag me. Hanging out with Robin Williams, that says it all.

TeenHollywood: Robin's daughter Zelda is in the film. What was it like working with her?

Anton: Well Zelda is one of the most interesting and intelligent people that I've hung out with. I'm still friends with her. I saw her a while ago. She lives in San Francisco. I hung out with her, I think in February. We share a lot of the same interests. Same music. She's into photography and she has really incredible tastes in film and literature and she reads a lot more than I do. She's a really interesting person. I really enjoyed hanging out with her.

TeenHollywood: You get to kiss her. Was Robin on set for the kissing scene?

Anton: No. I don't think so. I don't know if this was on purpose or if he was changing out of his wardrobe. I think it was probably on purpose he wasn't there. It was a very nice thing to do as a father.

TeenHollywood: What was the most challenging moment for you in House of D?

Anton: Everything with dancing. I felt really weird. I didn't know how Zelda would react. Originally, Tommy [his character] was supposed to sing to Melissa [Zelda's character] when they were dancing, sing 'Melissa'. I was like, 'I don't know if I can sing 'Melissa' without it sounding so horrible'. I tried, and then I tried to whisper but it would be something where you'd feel like Melissa would say 'please don't sing. Don't ruin this really nice moment'. So it's not there.

TeenHollywood: How did you feel about that orange outfit you wore? [it's tight orange pants with orange sweater..very "disco"]

Anton: That outfit took about twenty minutes to get into and that belt took forever. It was basically like a skating outfit with clasps under your crotch. It took forever to put on and get the mic in and that belt drove David crazy. It was a work of art that belt. But, actually, I thought it was a great outfit. I liked it.

TeenHollywood: You read a lot. What are some of your very favorite books?

Anton: "Catcher in the Rye". I used to think it's his greatest book, but I've changed my mind. If you just look at Salinger books. It's kind of a contradiction. For example, Beatles albums. Abbey Road's my favorite, but I think White Album is the best one. Same thing with the Salinger books. And then "The Little Prince". I read that when I was 10. I just thought it was so beautiful. I'd love to see an animated Little Prince and in French, that would be perfect. I read a lot of Vonnegut right before we started House of D so it's all this '70s literature that I read.

TeenHollywood: What are you reading right now?

Anton: "Crime and Punishment" and "Johnny Got His Gun" for school. I like both of them. I really got into beat literature. There's a great book of poems called "Gasoline" by Gregory Corso and "Howl" by Alan Ginsberg. Then for awhile I stopped reading any kind of fiction. I started reading philosophy. It adds to your knowledge. I read "Poetics" by Aristotle, which was interesting, but he's a terrible writer. It's like he's saying 'I'm smarter than you, but I'm going to be nice and tell you why I'm smarter than you'.

TeenHollywood: How different do you feel kids are today than they were in '73 when the film takes place?

Anton: I think people get more alienated as they get closer with the internet. I just think the influences change. I don't doubt that there were kids in the '50s that are exactly like the ones you have now. There's a great book of photographs called "Teenage" and it's the 60s, 70s and 80s, and you look and everybody is the same. You just find the type of person and there's the same person in the 60s, 70s and the 80s. Technology changes, but people...the same.

TeenHollywood: Why didn't you go into ice skating?

Anton: My parents tried having me ice skate when I was four. I hated it, but I wouldn't say so because I was very nice. My parents had hopes that I would be a pairs skater, but it didn't work out and my parents aren't really pushy. I tried soccer because my grandfather is a soccer player. Didn't work out either. I got constant cramps. People would be eating oranges and I'd be eating huge sandwiches. The second half of the game I'd get terrible cramps. I hated that. Karate. No comment. Acting, no cramps, a lot of talking.

TeenHollywood: When did you realize you wanted to be an actor?

Anton: Well I was actually really shy until I was about nine and went to an acting class because our friend recommended it. It was so much fun and it was so great. I really enjoyed it and I enjoyed going there. I went on a Chucky Cheese commercial audition. I did an impression of Schwarzenegger and then that was it. I worked on that. I was having a lot of fun. My dad was more against it than my mom. My dad wasn't sure. But, I loved it and I still really love it.

TeenHollywood: I see you love The Beatles [he has on a Beatles t-shirt]. Who else do you like musically?

Anton: My parents really got me into great music, great movies and great books. So, I was listening to Ray Charles and B.B. King when I was about three. Right now, I relate everything to 'on my I-Pod'. It's a horrible obsession. I listen to The Beatles and was really into Frank Zappa during House of D. I listen to all these blues guys like Robert Johnson and Blind Lemon Jefferson, Blind Willie McTell. I listen to a lot of older jazz and '50's, '60's bop jazz. The last couple of records I got, I got "King Bee" by Muddy Waters which is great. I got John Mayall and the Bluesbreakers. There are good new bands too like the Kaiser Chiefs are really good, Franz Ferdinand is pretty good. I listen to everything really except for new rap which I think is just atrocious.

TeenHollywood: Have you ever been to Russia?

Anton: No. I came here when I was six months old and I really want to go back. We thought we were going to go back this summer that just past but it didn't happen because I was working on a show called "Huff" but I will go back. My mom's cousins are there. My grandmother from my mother's side is buried there and grandfather from my father's side is buried there so I definitely have to go and see that. Just go to St. Petersburg really; maybe go to see the Kremlin. It would really be important for me to go. I think maybe when I'm done with high school, I'll go and live in Southern Italy or Rome or go live in Paris and, from there, depending on how long I spend, I will go to St. Petersburg and visit my uncle who lives in Poland. I just have to go. I couldn't ignore it.

TeenHollywood: Do you have a girlfriend?

Anton: I don't know if I have a girlfriend or not. I'm not sure. It's very confusing.

TeenHollywood: Have you kissed her yet?

Anton: Yeah, but I still don't know what's going on.

TeenHollywood: What do you like to do when you go out with friends or dates?

Anton: My best friend's name is Paul and he and I, it's not really describable what we do. We do nothing. We've been friends for a long time. He plays digery doo and bagpipes. So, we get together and record this crazy stuff and we just walk around a lot. I got a terrible bug bite and my whole arm was swollen [he shows us]. But, I like going out into nature and just sit there and talk and play guitar. My dog Duke and I go for crazy walks for like three hours. He's a Dalmatian. Duke and I do the same thing that my friends and I do.

TeenHollywood: Would you like to direct a movie?

Anton: I'd love to direct but, hopefully, in the future, I want to open kind of like a Sundance that finds really good movies and helps them. I read this incredible script called 'The Miracle Life of Edgar Mint'. It was based on a book and it was never made but it's the greatest script. Nobody wants to see them. Like The House of D. It's not everybody's movie but it's important that people who watch these types of movies see them. I'd really like to direct.

TeenHollywood: Are you studying films?

Anton: After working with Michael Chapman, I started analyzing movies. I just watched The Umbrellas of Cherbourg and I didn't like it. But, I loved how it was made. I loved the set design and she [Catherine Deneuve] is so pretty. I love the technical aspects. I have a camera at home and I make stupid movies with my friend Paul. I just love putting music to what I see. And, when I read a script, I see everything. Also, the reason I like some music is it elicits a certain emotion that I apply to something that I see. I really enjoy to put that all together.

TeenHollywood: What did you think of David as a director?

Anton: All the emotions are in the script. It's a reflection of David, how nice the story is and how touching everything is and how sensitive he is to people's emotions. It comes out through everything he does. It's just a pleasure to be on set with him. David is so sensitive to everything and to everybody and what you're feeling; if you're not happy. I wasn't unhappy at all on the set, just worried a couple of times.

TeenHollywood: How did he first connect with you?

Anton: I remember before we started there was a movie called Best Boy that David wanted me to watch. He got me a copy to watch and he wrote me a letter. I was really nervous and I couldn't sleep and I kept asking David 'are you sure you're happy with what I'm doing?' This was before we started. He kept saying 'yeah, yeah'. He sent me this tape and it came with a note that he wrote saying 'I'm so happy that you're doing this movie. I know everything will be really great. I know I made a good choice'. That's the kind of person that he is. It's really a pleasure to be around him.
http://www.teenhollywood.com/d.asp?r=95869&pg=6&p=1

Форум » Творчество Антона » Медийные новости и интервью с Антоном » Интервью в прессе с Антоном (Его рассказы))
  • Страница 2 из 3
  • «
  • »
Поиск: